May 06, 2012

What is wrong with English?

Pardon my bad grammar =)

Last night, when I was updating my blog while listening to music, suddenly I remember my friends opinion when they hear someone speak in English.

Maybe not just my friends but lots of Malays have this kind of thinking. I can remember  when one of my friends speak in English and the others start to say "tunjuk-terer", "belagak", "mengada-ngada" and lots of sentence like that. I have to admit she have grammatical mistakes in her sentences but at least she is trying. Same like me, I am not good in English but I am trying my best to enhance my grammar. After all, practice make perfect right? When I text with some of my friends and my little sis, I going to use English and mix with Malay too.

What make me not understand is, why is Malay always have that kind of fucking single track mind like that? Maybe some of them not but almost Malays that I meet are like that. I read in one blog if I not mistaken, this girl want to order her meal at KFC and she using English and the workers there start whispering with each other about that girl using English instead of Malay. What is wrong using English? Well yeah, Bahasa Melayu bahasa kebangsaan? Look at the syllabus in school, universities in Malaysia, everything use English. If using English not give us lots of benefits why is it a bother to change all of the input, text, notes from Malay to English? We can count by fingers how many countries that using Malay compare to English through out this world? I don't think we commit a big sin if trying to speak or write in English right?



Photobucket


p/s : For someone out there that have this shiity single track mind, just please wider your thought, your vision, your thinking.